Tuesday, December 20, 2005

"Papa Jim's Infamy remains" or "Dear Lord Dad!"

A local news station, KMEG, is doing a series on people in the community that have done unusual or note-worthy things and for some ridiculous reason they picked Papa Jim. They talked about some of his businesses and a lot about how my dad is the world record holder for the number of sailfish caught in one day. My father has a tendency to say some pretty ridiculous things when he's in the spotlight and this time was no exception. He talks about being a sportsman in his down time (all the time). I believe Dad's exact words were "You have to be a little mentally sick to be a duck hunter. Anyone who wants to sit in a box and blow duck calls -- you have to be a little different." Oh, Dad. . . Here's the article . Now do you all understand why I am the way I am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home