Thursday, December 08, 2005

Karma, something to believe in

I grew up among several religions and I don't consider any one of them to be my definitive religion. I was baptized Methodist, confirmed Episcopalian, but I went to Catholic school for 5 years. But I do know there is one thing that I believe in above anything else. Karma.

I believe that everything you do will come back on you in some way. Now, I don't get really technical as the Buddhists or the Toaists. I don't necessarily believe that everything I do will come back on me 3 fold, but I do know that it will come back in some way. Usually for me it's in the way of financial burden, unexpected unfortunate events or heartache. But every bit of it is well deserved. I'm not like a Flagellate or anything, but I know I deserve my own punishment. And I believe its good for me. But, I also deserve my rewards. Though, I believe those are harder to earn. Few and far between, but well deserved. These usually come to me in the way of good friends and "mercy". Wow, this post is getting really philosophical. I don't mind if you don't.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. The reason I'm writing about this is because there has been a lot of talk lately in certain circles about karma. I've also done some things in the past few weeks that I know will come back on me in an unforgiving way. Brandi's latest post talks of karma and the thoughts that have been swimming in my head lately have screamed it. I know my idea of karma sounds a lot like "The Golden Rule", but I think they are similar in many ways. I guess this is just a reminder to me to remember what I believe is important and not to forget it, even in the most tempting situations and the most seductive eyes. I've worked so hard for so long to not damage my karma and lately I've done serious damage. Don't fuck it up now. I just need to remind myself to "stick to your guns"- as Papa Jim would say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

You Sioux City girls and your dee-rama.

It's suppose to warm up this weekend, so tell people to get their butts outside and get those trashy decorations up!

12/08/2005 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home