Thursday, October 27, 2005

What They Don't Want to Hear

Sometimes you have to tell your friends what they don't want to hear because it needs to be said. No one else is going to come outright and say these things except you. Eventhough they may all completely agree with you. How many times do I wish that my friends had said "Della, get your head out of your ass! What's happening here isn't good for you!" But rarely did they say that. Though, in the case of K-Fel they each staged their own form of an intervention and eventually I came out of my trance, thankful that I hadn't gotten deeper into it. When NONE of your friends like your boyfriend, it should be a good indication that he's not even close to your caliber. This is what's going on with a good friend of mine. Britney* doesn't like that I've told her that it's time for her to move on from the dead-end guy she's hung on to for way too long. Bottom line- She deserves better than a guy who doesn't even acknowledge that they were ever a couple, or whom in the year or + I've known her I've never met, or the guy that left her for someone else. Now, I have very little room to talk, but I didn't waste over a year on K-Fel and I got out before any serious damage was done or serious feelings were hurt. But Britney, I understand loneliness, I understand waking up in the middle of the night alone, I understand not being held, I understand not feeling that loved feeling. Don't run back to him because you feel these things. These are small sacrafices that need to be made for your longterm happiness. The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over, expecting a different result.

*Names have been changed to protect the romantically drugged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home